It seems everyone has a blog these days. Not that I'm giving in to the "norm." I just want to have a place that is mine. These are my thoughts, my opinions, my hopes, my dreams, my fears. I am a Daughter. I am a Wife. I am a Mother. But above all, I am a WOMAN.

I enjoy feedback, so please select a reaction, or a leave a comment. I would love to know what you think about my post and how it affected you.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

As a Wife.....

Today's blog is from the perspective of "Wife."  A friend, Hello Rosie posted her blog this morning about the 5 Love Languages. (if you don't know what they are, please look them up.  You'll be glad you did.)  This, of course, got me thinking.  My husband and I don't speak the same Love Language.  Mine is Words of Affirmation with a close second being Physical Touch.  His, on the other hand, is Acts of Service.  This can lead to miscommunication.

For example, the other night, my husband and I had.........well, an unpleasant conversation.  Not a fight, but there was certainly no laughter in the room.  Sometimes it's the language we speak, the language we hear, or sometimes, it's just the timing.  The conversation left what I'm going to call a marriage bruise.  You know what those are.  Feelings were hurt, you're both scared to touch the subject again because it's still sore (like a bruise), but it will go away (like a bruise).  Eventually.  How long it takes depends on the size of the bruise.  Hopefully, this one is just a small one and will disappear quickly.  Not one of those that turns all the beautiful colors of the rainbow and HURTS for a looooooooong time.

But as my friend reminded me with her post, maybe I should look back over the last little while (translation: months) and remember everything he has done FOR me and try to forget what he hasn't verbalized.  Like a man, he can stick his foot in his mouth.  And like a woman (see? I can be fair), sometimes I don't hear what is said.  I hear a different version that may not match what he meant.  Then, maybe, I should try to speak HIS language instead of always expecting him to speak mine.

So, this blog is about a wife.  But about a wife apologizing to her husband for not being the wife she should be.  He really is a great guy.  I don't always give him the credit due him, and for that I am also sorry.  He isn't perfect, but he's mine, and I love him.  More than he can possibly understand, and more than he will ever know.  I know it's cliched, but he really is my soul-mate.  And it hurts horribly when things are....discordant...between us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

For those interested in the 5 Love Languages, check out Hello Rosie's blog. A link is on the side of this page. Plus, she's a lot of fun!