My step-daughter is a lovely girl. She was born in 1999. At now 12, she is 3 inches taller than I am, so she is clearly going to take after her father. She is smart and funny just like him. She's got an easy-going temperment, just like him. She really is incredible. I think her being so soft-spoken and sweet is that much more of a surprise because the boys are so ...... NOT. They are rowdy and rambunctious, which makes her look even more lady-like.
But as much as I love her (and I do), she has some blonde moments to rival mine! For instance:
1. On vacation, our hotel had adjoining rooms. She said, "Oh, look these two rooms collided!" (07-02-2011)
2. Again on vacation, "Thanks, Dad, for cooking coffee this morning." (07-03-2011)
3. "I have to show Dad my honor rolls so I can prove to him I'm NOT blonde!" Honey, being blonde has nothing to do with how smart you are. You are VERY smart. But you're also blonde! (08-2011)
4. The elevator in my office building has a panel that is operated by body heat, so you can't select a floor with a pen or other object. You must touch the buttons with your flesh. H's version? It is "touchscreen!" (08-2011)
5. She told her dad and me that she had a pet turtle once. But "it quickly ran away."
6. On taking her home and trying to get directions from H. "There is a shortcut you can go, but you can't go that way now." (08-13-2011)
7. On telling us about a school field trip to her local Highway Patrol Station: They had a fake van setup for safety belt demonstrations.
H: "They put two dummies in it."
Me: "Oh, you mean they put in you and A [her best friend]?"
H: "A [my best friend] is NOT a dummy!!!"
Me: (shaking my head and laughing)
8. On cleaning the pool at our friend's house:
H: "I just saved my 5th frog. . . .. but he was dead."